COMPACT POLYMER MANIFOLDS
Buy Polmer manifolds
* The only reason for the table Possible field of Use is to provide the Designer with a rapid quick reference for comparing the components chosen with a given heating This suggestion can be used as an example, for providing an estimate if no specific data is available or when carrying out approximate calculations.
The Polymer manifold for floor systems enables parallel feed of terminal fluidic terminals with the following objectives and advantages:
- Limited dimensions that enable the insertion in boxes to be walled in partitioning walls
- Automatic on-off operation of each circuit, by attaching electro thermal actuators to the thermostatic valves that are controlled by thermostats and/or time programmers .
- Micrometric regulation of the flow in transit, for balancing between the various circuits
- Adjustment of the flow in for balancing between the various circuits by means of flowmeters mounted on the manifold and equipped with incorporated adjustment
- Direct readout of the flow meter giving the rate of flow in transit in the individual circuits
- The performance of the circuits can be visually monitored by inserting thermometer gauges
The Polymer manifold for floor systems are supplied complete with the following preassembled accessories:
- Thermostatic interceptor valve
- Flow meters for reading the flow and an incorporated adjustment valve, for each circuit.
- A pair of brackets for wall mounting the manifolds.
They Polymer manifolds are particularly adapted to feeding low temperature circuits serving radiant floor heating.
The versions of the Polymer manifold for floor systems can be equipped with a series of optional accessories to suit specific requirements of the designer engineer and installer.
In the “Accessories” paragraph various connection possibilities to the terminal circuits are given.
It is advisable to remember that, in the testing and calibrating phase, but above all in the case of disputes or dissents, the presence of accessories, such as flow meters and thermometers, may allow a rapid verification of the project operating parameters.
* Make sure that the antifreeze fluid or glycol used is not aggressive towards the O-rings, flow meters and construction materials of the manifold.
DYNAMIC FLUID CHARACTERISTICS
Thermostatic valve and servomotor pressure drop
Drop in pressure of the flowmeter
In balancing the circuits avoid excessive throttling of the flow meters.
The turbulence generated in this condition can in fact cause irritating noise and vibration, together with an excessive dissolution of the gasses, the main cause of blockages in winding circuits (radiant floor systems).
In these cases reduce the difference between the more hydraulically advantageous circuits and those less favourable by allocating the delivery of the latter between two or more circuits.
To determine the total drop in pressure add the losses in delivery generated by the valve, the flow meter and by the joints to the transit of the delivery of the single circuit. The drop in pressure generated by the manifold on transit of the overall delivery can be considered negligible compared to the drops in pressure generated by flow meters and valves.
We advise complying with the following prescriptions when installing Polymer distribution manifolds.
- Before connecting the Polymer distribution manifold, wash all the tubes of the system upstream and downstream in order to remove any threading, welding, lubricant and solvent residue remaining in the heating
- Keep to the flow direction stamped on the individual
- Move the thermostatic valves and the flowmeters into the “all open”
- Pay particular attention to the filling of the circuit operations. Fill and remove air from one circuit at a time. For floor systems carefully follow the instructions provided by the
- The fluid circulating must be limpid and without suspensions which could damage the sealing seats of the plugs and/or deposit inside the manifolds and in the floor
If possible insert a suitable extractable well filter before the Polymer distribution manifold.
- We recommend applying the protection of the inspection hole of the container boxes so as to avoid the deterioration of the surface covering during the plastering
NB: It is mandatory to mount the polymer manifold complete with flow meter on the hydraulic feed circuit.
For additional information consult the optional accessories technical sheets, and comply with the installation instructions, use and maintenance provided in the enclosed instructions with the components supplied
USE OF FLOWMETER
The polymer manifold is present in the version with flow meters and delivery adjustment valves incorporated.
The flowmeter present on the manifold is able to carry out the following operations:
- Measure the delivery: direct reading of the delivery
- Interception and adjustment of the delivery: possible thanks to the incorporated adjustment
Using the incorporated adjustment valve in the flowmeter, the delivery of the individual circuits can be adjusted by the operator to the amount required, read directly on the indicator rod of the flowmeter, and by direct use of the same.
The flow meter has a scale limit of 1 ÷ 4 I/min (60 ÷ 240 I/h).
Following the adjustment, the valve can be blocked in the position it is in by means of the blocking cover that acts also as a knob to adjust the flow, it is equipped for. The same valve enables the derivation way in question to be closed.
The polymer manifold with flow meter must always be positioned on the delivery side of the connected hydraulic system.
Incorrect positioning of the manifold causes malfunction of the flow meter.
The adjustment valve group and flow meter is dis-mountable and replaceable with appropriate spare part (cod. 2250.00.12).
ADJUSTMENT – FUNCTION “MEMORY-STOP” FLOWMETER
Locking system of the degree of opening of the flow meter, allowing at the re-opening of the circuit, the lock of the stroke at the exact position of initial setting (project value).
- Set the regulation of the flow meter to the project value. The white hand wheel has to be removed during this operation;
- Screw the ring of "Memory-Stop" counter-clockwise (left thread) until you reach the stop stroke;
- Replace the white hand wheel. Operating on the hand wheel (clockwise), you can close the single circuit. Turning on the opposite direction until its locking, you can open the circuit, until the setting of the project value.
Through the two holes on the hand wheel, you can plunge the flow meter, in order to avoid the tampering of the setting adjustment.
Warning: DO NOT use tools for operation / adjustment of the flow meter, in order to undermine the correct working of it.
Ball valve with total passage, FM 1" union fitting, with hand-wheel complete with dial thermometer scale (0...80 °C) with OR seal fitting.
B = Blue butterfly valve / R = Red butterfly valve
|2||QBV1||Ball valve with total passage, FM 1" union fitting. B = Blue butterfly valve / R = Red butterfly valve|
End group for automatic discharge of air and water. Mounted on return manifold
Union 1” M
|3B||Incl in QAVDG1||
End group for manual discharge of air and water. Mounted on flow side of manifold.
Union 1” M
|4||QMAH230||Servomotor for electro-thermal control for thermostatic valves, with or without micro limit switch. Valve position Normally Closed in the absence of power. Power supply 230 V AC or 24 V AC.|
|5||Q2250.00.12||Flow meter with regulation valve and flow rate indicator function. 1 ÷ 4 I/min (60 ÷ 240 I/h). Spare part.|
|6||TQEC16||Fitting for multi-layer polyethylene pipe, ø14 ÷ 20 mm, thickness 2 ÷ 2,5 mm. F 3/4" Euroconus threaded connection.|
The manifold in Kilma polymer is supplied as a single body and cannot be separated from the individual components of which it is composed. Any disassembly of the individual components of the manifold body (brass and polymer) screwed on polymer seats is absolutely to be avoided, as well as any installation of components inside the same seats, where not expressly indicated, as this may void the warranty conditions of the product.
The only operations allowed are the assembly of accessories supplied loose inside the package (ball valves to be tightened only on the revolving brass connections at the manifold inlet; system loading and unloading and vent or by-pass unit only on the outfeed polymer swivel), as per the instructions, and, if necessary, replacement of the flow lockshield valves with incorporated flow meter (code 2250.00.12) and of the shutter units of the thermostatic valve (code 875.023), to be carried out only by qualified personnel, in accordance with that prescribed by Qualitas Underfloor Heating Ltd.
COMPOSITIONS IN LIST
|NO. OF WAYS|
- 1 multi-way manifold group with flow-meters, lockshield and flow indicator
- 1 multi-way manifold group, complete with valves with thermostat option and with manual hand-wheel.
- 1 pair of polymer brackets for fixing.
SYSTEM LOADING / UNLOADING
The terminal units and the by-pass unit are equipped with a filling unit with threaded pressure gauge holder connection F G 1/8".
- Use a manometer Ø 40 with a 16 bar G1/8” radial coupling code for connection to automatic/manual thermal
Feeling radiant floor system
Thermal zone with bath thermically independent even during functioning timer
(e.g. seeping area mitigated, bathroom warmed).
- Circuits thermically independent even during functioning times (e.g. sleeping area mitigated, bathroom warmed)
- Areas controlled by the chronothermostat in the thermal zone.
- Bathroom controlled by independent stat.